Missed Lessons Policy
- We cannot accommodate make-ups for lessons missed by the child:
- Student-athlete teachers are obligated for the two-hour block whether each child is there or not. We cannot commit them for additional time to accommodate missed lessons.
- We cannot offer make-up lessons with other teachers at a different time, because we would never be able to accommodate every request. Each slot needs to be filled because we rely on those funds for the swim team. If teachers are not teaching it is most-likely because a child is absent.
Teacher conflict/missed lesson:
- If a conflict is known in advance, we will offer the option of providing a substitute teacher at the regularly scheduled time, or a make-up lesson on a day/time arranged directly with the teacher.
- If a conflict occurs on short notice (ie: sickness, family emergency, etc) we will provide a sub for that lesson and the coordinator on deck will assist. If the instance re-occurs, we will offer a make-up.
- Extended illness, injury, etc. that will cause multiple missed lessons: Please discuss so we can try to work something out with you.
Waiver of Liability:
Each participant/responsible guardian must sign a waiver as follows: "BY MY SIGNATURE BELOW I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT CLARK UNIVERSITY, CLARK UNIVERSITY STUDENTS, CLARK UNIVERSITY EMPLOYEES, ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES INCURRED BY PARTICIPANTS DURING THESE SWIMMING LESSONS."